It's Conference Weekend, again! It's invigorating hearing the men & women who are called of God to guide us in this day and age. I love being a member of my church. I was talking to my grandparents last weekend about when they joined the church back in the 70's. When they joined, they thought of what an honor and blessing it was be the ones to begin this legacy in the church for their family. The pioneers in the early church had similar thoughts. When they made sacrifices & decisions, they thought of their posterity. They did this for us. I love seeing family history being put at such a high priority today. We must go back in our families and find those who haven't had the privilege of making the necessary covenants to return to live with our Father in Heaven. In a way the "tables have turned". It's exciting being a part of a generation where so much is changing in such a short time! The mission age has dropped as part of the Lord is hastening the work of spreading the gospel, family history is more accessible than it ever has been, and temples are dotting the earth with considerable speed. I love the gospel more than anything & am so blessed to have been born into a family where I've learned the gospel from a young age. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's church on the earth today. I know He has a prophet here on the earth today & that He guides our church through him. I love the gospel & want everyone to feel of the happiness I have constantly because of it.
This year the church combined the Relief Society & Young Womens Meetings to a semi-annual General Womens Meeting. My mom, sisters, & I went to watch the meeting at the stake center. It was a wonderful meeting filled with inspired words.
