Yeah, my penpal's cooler than yours. Ell P is the sweetest & has a heart of gold. We're both late on our Christmas packages for each other. I got hers
...& I have yet to finish putting hers together... maybe it'll be an Earth Day or Cinco De Mayo package.
And yes, those definitely are fuzzy sock leggings that she got me. Heaven on my legs - lemme tell you what.
It continues to baffle me that someone I've never met can become such a close friend, & one that will remain so throughout my life. I don't get close to many people - I've been that way since I was little. I've always had one or two people I can spend time with and genuinely never tire of them. My parents call me a "Lone Wolf". Most of my friendships (outside of my few close friends) exhaust after a month or two. I've never needed a bunch of friends. I'm like my parents, they are the best of friends & spend every moment they can together. If one goes downstairs, the other follows. They're rarely apart. You know how after a couple has been married for about 5/6 years, they enter an "uninteresting phase"? Not that they go AWOL on their love, but they're just another married couple to everyone else. Not-so-cute anymore. Then once they hit about 50/60 they get cute again. My parents never hit the uninteresting phase of marriage. They're still as goofy & cute as ever.
My train of thought went a little off the tracks - but hey, it's my blog.
It's so wonderful to have Ellie in my life! I never thought that asking for a summer penpal would result in a friendship that will last forever. I could go on forever on how truly amazing she is. She's such an example & doesn't realize what a huge impact she's made on me, and everyone else in her life.
